Friday, January 18, 2008

Fellow Russians




I love my beautiful family, & I love these old pictures that I brought back from Russia a few months ago. The first one is my Babushka (Grandma) Kapitallina Fedorovna, who we just call Baba Kapa. She's my mom's mother. The second picture is my Dyedushka (Grandpa) Genadiev Mikhailovich, who we call Dyeda Gena. Yep, my mother's father. Babushka and Dyedushka are still very happily together. The third picture is my mom's younger sister (my aunt) Margarita Gennadievna. We call her Rita for short. I can't even begin to write the Russian word for "aunt" in English letters. (Hahaha, it ended up looking very strange.) These are just their first and patronymic names. Love my Ruskies. :)

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

These are BEAUTIFUL photos! You should really make some art based on them. I can show you how to make sweet acrylic transfers with these images. Bring them into school sometime and we will photocopy them so you can started. I can totally see the resemblance between you and Baba Kapa!

Anonymous said...

Thank you!! That sounds fun! I'll definitely bring them!! :) & thank you! she was a gorgeous nurse.